Yesterday, on October 13, 2020, we released an important update to our AI: version 3.1.7.
What you should know:
- Impact on AI results – reduces oscillations: in terms of visible results, the improvements are subtle, but critical. Specifically, v3.1.7 significantly reduces certain oscillations on the Y axis (the vertical axis). In previous versions, these Y axis oscillations were mostly correlated with motion that involved the actor raising the arms over the head, often from a simple standing position. In all of our tests, these specific oscillations are now significantly reduced, if not entirely gone.
- Footlock – preparing for an important release: the v3.1.7 update should also be seen in the context of our wider efforts to enhance our AI for a more solid planting of the skeletal animation data in relation to the floor. Version 3.1.7 lays part of the foundation for improved footlock. With v3.1.7 now in production, we hope to release a first major update improving footlock, coupled with an improved positioning of the root motion in world space, in 2020.
- Calibration – still important: even after this update, you should minimize oscillations – and secure fidelity, plausibility and aesthetics – by executing a solid calibration. Here is a reminder of the specific advice we provided on calibration cycles a short while ago.
Here’s how it’s being rolled out:
- Core: Our cloud AI, available through RADiCAL Core, has already been updated to v3.1.7.
- Studio: our RADiCAL Studio users should expect to see the (free) upgrade this week. Steam should be updating your app automatically (please check your Steam update settings).
Special thanks to the AI team, who have pulled another major achievement out of the hat.
* * *
As always, thanks for being a part of our community, and don’t hesitate to reach out, we are always looking for constructive feedback.
– Team RADiCAL