We’re excited to announce the release of our first desktop app for Windows machines.
The desktop app, built entirely in Unity, brings the RADiCAL Studio visualizer you’re used to seeing on your mobile apps straight to your desktop. With it, you can access both your own results and thousand of animations available through our Explore channel.
The desktop app will also serve as the new home for Gen 3 of our AI, which we will start embedding in the desktop app in the next few months. (See “What’s Next?” below)
For now, here’s how you get started:
- Download – website: You can download the app from our website. For free. Make sure to sign up for email updates, so you immediately hear about new releases and updates to your Windows app.
- Download – Steam: In just a few weeks, the app will also be available through Steam. That’ll be free, too.
- Check hardware requirements: It’s a good idea to check whether your machine supports our app. We’ve pulled together guidance in these FAQs.
- Performance optimization: How you use the app affects whether your machine supports it. Follow the tips we’ve summarized in these FAQs.
We’re working hard on these things:
- Linux Apps: We expect to release an app for Linux machines in early 2019.
- Gen 3 – Embedded AI: In 2019, we’ll start building Gen 3 of our AI into the desktop app for real-time results and on premise processing. This also enables unmetered performance for our users.
- Upload models: In 2019, we’ll enable you to upload your own character models, so you can your see your motion on them.
- Expanded FBX download: you’ll be able to download an FBX that includes both your motion and your mesh.
- Adjust virtual environment: we’ll give you the ability to manipulate the virtual environment inside the Studio view, including landscapes, lighting, weather and more … with nothing but a graphical interface.
- And more … we’ll let you know soon!
* * *
– Team RADiCAL