RADiCAL (https://getrad.co) is looking for a Deep Learning Scientist who will play a key role in developing the next generation of markerless motion-capture, human virtualization and 3D animation solutions . If you want to be involved in genuine product innovation that solves actual problems across many industries and is enjoyed by millions of users around the world, we’d love to speak to you.
RADiCAL democratizes 3D motion capture, animation and human virtualization solutions for everyone, everywhere. We use the most advanced deep learning techniques in developing our cloud-based solutions. Our community of creatives in 3D computer graphics, animation, film, TV and gaming, along with futurists, scientists, academics and design enthusiasts, is growing fast around the world.
About you and the position:
RADiCAL is a startup, so we’d like you to be entrepreneurial, nimble, deeply motivated, and goal-oriented. We’re looking for a person with strong initiative, technical and /professional leadership, as well as the desire to consistently push boundaries. We are laying down the foundation of an ambitious, fast-growing, and well-funded startup and, for the right candidate, this could be a great opportunity to grow with us and become a senior team member and leader.
Given the position you’ll be filling, we’d expect that you have at least 2+ years of relevant postgraduate academic and/or professional experience (although we’re open to less experience if you’re exceptionally talented). For the right candidate, the position comes with an equity package commensurate with experience and the level of leadership expected for the position.
The Deep Learning Scientist will be responsible for:
- Researching, designing, implementing real-world state-of-the-art deep learning solutions
- Training and testing advanced deep learning models at scale in the cloud
- Supporting and improving our development and training/testing architecture
- Optimizing our inference solutions for deployment in production
- Solving complex problems and comparing alternative solutions, trade-offs, and diverse points of view to determine a path forward
- Managing and improving our data collection/generation pipeline and our existing datasets
- Actively interacting with the CTO, CEO, and a highly-motivated full-stack team in a stimulating, collaborative environment
Skills and qualifications:
- Masters (or PhD) degree in related fields such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Computer Science, Robotics, Applied Math, or Physics
- Proficiency with Python and solid software engineering
- Proven experience working with modern deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.) and modern neural network architectures
- Experience working on a deep learning project from ideation and development (e.g., creating models from scratch) to training, parameter tuning, and testing
- Experience translating problem specifications to algorithms/code
- Experience with implementation and evaluation of public work and academic papers
- Experience with exploratory data analysis for deep learning projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile startup environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Pro-active thinking and strong initiative
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Experience with C++ (expected from seniors)
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, first-authored publications in top-tier peer-reviewed journals/conferences (expected from seniors)
- Experience in leading projects and teams (expected from seniors)
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following topics: 3d human motion reconstruction, 2d human pose estimation, 3d kinematics, 3d algebra/geometry, computer vision based image/video processing techniques, human motion synthesis, 3d graphics and animation, biomechanics, 3d motion capture and tracking, object detection, video segmentation, camera calibration, multivariate time-series modelling, numerical optimization methods, detection/tracking methods (Kalman filter, particle filter, SLAM, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and tools
- Experience with GPU and CUDA development or neural network model optimization
- Experience working/developing with high-end VFX content creation software and/or game engines (such as Unity or Unreal)
Location (in order of preference):
Milan / Italy / Europe / US
* * *
If you’re interested, please get in touch here: [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!